Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Beach House - Devotion

Beach House
Devotion
(02.2008, Carpark)
Verdict: So Guuuud!

First In The Future, then The Evening Descends and Vampire Weekend and now this! It's only 57 days into 2008, we still have 308 days left and already we have been blessed with some seriously amazing recordings. As I recall, at the beginning of 2007 I was feeling a little disheartened that 2007 would never be as good as previous years in music because very little interesting music was being released in January and February, but this year is a complete 180. I predict 2008 will knock our socks off, clean off, like across the room off. I guess possibly I am being rash, and 2008 could take a total nose dive in the months to come, but let's just be optimistic right now. Beach House may just be the creme de la creme of the afore mentioned albums. Their self-titled 2006 debut held my interest but not my heart. Now with a fuller sound, bursting with slide guitar licks and organ swells accompanying the ghost of Victoria LeGrands vocals, hitting melodious jackpot after melodious jackpot, my heart is theirs. It's layed back and overwhelming and affirms your love for music within 20 seconds of the first track. Every song is the best track on the album.

-Sassigrass

No comments: