Monday, October 31, 2011

Julia Holter - Tragedy






















(Leaving Records, 2011)

The vinyl pressing of Tragedy disappeared in like ten seconds because those in the know knew Julia Holter is the for-real real deal and that her album--her debut full length--was/is pure awesomeness and so snatched that up like mad gold, because it's worth its weight, and me, I'm sitting here and I just stumble upon Tragedy and am like, "This is mad gold!" and swing over to Leaving Records and their like, "Nopes: all gone. But digital..." and I'm like, "Fer realz?" and they're like: "Yeah." and I'm adding my name to the long, hopefully growing longer list of peoples begging--on our knees begging--for a repress, because Tragedy has more depth, more sheer-blow-you-out-yr-chair wow-factor, more dynamic victories, more clairvoyant knowingness about what it really is that I have really been waiting to hear all year long, and then is all those things, forever; sign me up: Tragedy is kaleidoscope hymnals that needs to be had, held and heard by any and everyone with a discerning ear (I think that's more than 300--I could be wrong).

(Update: As of Halloween, the day this was originally posted, Leaving Records announced a repressing of Tragedy.  Pre-order here.)

Julia Holter - Try to Make Yourself a Work of Art
Julia Holter - Goddess Eyes

4 comments:

ad said...

...wow.

ad said...

THERE'S A REPRESS! THERE'S A REPRESS! GO GO GO!!!

Nick said...

I'm not trying to claim any influence on the repress--obviously it takes time and money to prepare for such things--but I swear that the updated news (dated 10/31) came out after this post. What serendipitous news!

ad said...

This is true, it did.

I actually browsed Julia Holter's FB page and she was already announcing there would be a repress back in late September already... could've saved us all a little bit of grief.