Monday, February 6, 2012

Quicksails - SIlver Balloons in Clusters






















(Deception Island, 2011)

I don't go in for a lot of the synth-based experimental stuff coming out lately.  Or, rather, I have no real impulse to even listen to it.  It's probably as good as anyone is saying it is, or something.  (Are people saying it's good?  What am I even talking about?)  I get confused.  And I'm am getting older.  I mean, I'm almost 30.  Pretty soon here you won't be able to trust anything I say.  Wow...I'm almost 30.  It feels like I shouldn't be writing a lame music/art blog if I'm going to be 30 years old.  And I have a kid.  I should have a job or something.  Or something...  I definitely shouldn't be awake at 3:30 AM posting blurbs for cassette tapes.  Cassette tapes.  People are still making cassette tapes and people are still listening to cassette tapes and I am almost 30 years old and I remember when I had my first cassette tape (Kris Kross) and I remember when Asaad Salleh made me a cassette with Snoop Dogg songs on it back when Snoop Dogg was Snoop Doggy Dog and how he was cussing a lot in the songs but he never cussed on MTV and I felt guilty about listening to him so I destroyed the tape by pulling out all the tape innards and my mom walked in and was way confused and said Why are you destroying that tape? and I said I didn't know.  And now I listen to stuff like this.  Weird stuff.  Am I an adult?

3 comments:

Nick said...

I'm going to rewrite this...

wes said...

exactly.

hate colours said...

my first tape was kriss kross also!
that, and michael jackson's "dangerous".

ps don't worry about being too old, for anything.