Thursday, December 31, 2009

5.

Eluvium
Talk Amongst the Trees
(Temporary Residence, 2005)

My acquisition of Eluvium’s Talk Amongst the Trees was a chance decision based on spontaneity; however, Talk Amongst the Trees is anything but spontaneous. I don’t think I would have ever guessed how deeply the looped ruminations of this album would penetrate me or how important it would be in my ensuing interest in experimental music, but that's the whole excitement of such purchases: not knowing. With the increasing pervasiveness of downloading, I think that that feeling has been lost a little bit. But I'm not here to worry about that, I am here to say that listening to Talk Amongst the Trees and its endless beauties is so wonderful that it has become a spiritual experience for me.

-Thistle

2 comments:

Justin Snow said...

This will always remain the best Eluvium album. Period. "New Animals From The Air" might be my favorite song of all time.

raindro said...

Taken also quells the nightmares of a thousand baby angels.