Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dragging An Ox Through Water - They're Gonna Send Me To The Dead Mumford

Dragging An Ox Through Water
They’re Gonna Send Me To The Dead Mumford 7"
(2010, Stank House Records)
RIYL = Ghost To Falco, Alex Tedesco, Castanets

I’m so behind on reviews. I’ve missed a million of them. The fact that I almost forgot to post about this gem just goes to show how big of a slacker I am. And you should know that I rarely post on EPs or 7 inchers. But, of course, this isn’t just anyone here. This is Forest Gospel favourite, Dragging An Ox Through Water, AKA Brian Mumford. And what we have here, available digitally and, more suitably, on 7 inches of wax, is They're Gonna Send Me To The Dead Mumford Pencil Box Factory featuring DAOTW’s signature scatterbrained electronics bustling from end to end and a couple a folksy acoustic-based songs dropped down in the mist of it all. If you enjoyed Tropics of Phenomenon (AKA if you listened to it), then you will be very happy with this. And Mumford tells me there is more on the way. Oh joy!

-Thistle

They're Gonna Send Me To The Dead Mumford on Bandcamp

No comments: